The Canadian Playful Schools Network exists to support the wellbeing and learning of students and educators through the infusion of play in the middle years of schooling across Canada.
Between September 2022 and June 2023, the CPSN will focus on the following 6 strategic priorities.
- To create human and digital networks that support and sustain playful practices across systems of Canadian schooling.
- To host a conference of all CPSN members and participants in June of 2023 on the campus of the University of Ottawa.
- To co-create guides and protocols for learning through play in schools that prioritize inclusion, accessibility, and the social, cultural and linguistic priorities and orientations to play of CPSN member teams, communities and students.
- To document the design of the CPSN, the first of its kind in the world.
- To create and publish new knowledge about learning through play in Canadian schools through research with CPSN members.
- To build an Education Innovation Laboratory at the University of Ottawa Faculty of Education from which new understandings about learning through play can be shared, where research on learning through play can evolve, and where new learnings about play and its place in the middle years can be infused in pre-service teacher education programs in French and in English.